The Shaking Spirits are a series of animated Halloween decorations made in 2006-2011. Each spirit shakes while its eyes glow and spooky noises/phrases play. Some of these look identical to the 1993 shaking Grim Reaper.
List of Shaking Spirits charactersEdit
- Ghost in Chains
- Skeleton Reaper in Chains
- Top Hat Ghost in Chains
- Vampire in Chains
- Donna the Dead bride
- Donna the Dead bride in black
- Donna the Dead with the Witch's audio
- Witch (3 phrased version)
- Witch (6 phrased version (same phrases as the Witch Spirit Ball)
- Black Reaper (Identical to 1993 Shaking Reaper)
- White reaper (Nearly Identical to 1993 Reaper, but with white cloth)
- Witch (later Target and Walmart version)
Possible Prototypes/Variants Edit
- There is a prototype Donna the dead bride with the later witch's phrases.
- There is also supposedly a chained reaper with green eyes and the same phrase but in a deeper voice.
- There is an unreleased variant of the White 1993 style reaper with blue LED eyes.
- Another recently confirmed prototype is a Zombie version, appearing like the prototype floating ghoul red zombie skull.
- A prototype mummy version with slight appearance differences including different hands has also recently been discovered.
- There is another version of the chained Ghost that has phrases.
- A prototype ghost version exists with a unique head sculpt and the evil laughter stock audio.
- A ghastly gentleman themed version exists, however it is unknown if this is a prototype at this time.
- There is a unknown version of Donna the dead with painted nails, however its unknown if its a custom or a prototype
- The Black and White Reapers are nearly identical to the Shaking Grim Reaper originally released in 1993. The black reaper is a complete copy in terms of appearance, and besides checking the battery cases, the only way to set the original and the shaking spirits version apart is by the audio: the 1993 version says 'Happy Halloween', while the Shaking Spirit version ghostly moans.
- Moreover, it is presumed that the Shaking Spirits were (at least in part) inspired by the 1993 reaper, meaning that the original reaper can be considered a predecessor to the series.
- The chained Reaper and chained Ghost versions are commonly mixed up, often by mistake or sheer misinformation: the reaper has an exclusive head sculpt with black eyes, square teeth, a large nose, and black lines over the mouth, while the ghost utilizes a fanged skull with red eyes, a tongue, smaller nose, and spots over the mouth. Despite this, they share the same general appearance and audio.
- The later 2010 witch is unique among the shaking spirits as it has only half a head, with the back being completely flat.
- The Witch has the same face as the Floating Witch, Hang Ups Witch, and the Hallo-Wings Witch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.